Beautiful and durable, AZEK PVC decking is made to last.
Since 2007, AZEK has been engineering premier PVC decking that offers homeowners and contractors a slew of benefits. The durable and attractive plastic decking boards AZEK engineers are long-lasting, easy to install, and low maintenance, making them a dream for homeowners.
AZEK began in 2001 with a specific goal—to make a low-cost alternative to the exterior trims currently on the market. By working with PVC, the company found it was able to create a product that looked like wood, but that didn’t have the negative aspects of wood trim. From there, AZEK began to tackle other common wood components, from moulding to decking to siding. The company continues to use PVC to provide homeowners with alternatives to wood that are long-lasting and low maintenance.
In the decking marketplace, AZEK Deck continues to stand out as a high-quality manufacturer of PVC or capped polymer decking. The company is committed to innovation and continually works to improve their products—which is something that Decks & Docks can definitely stand behind.
Benefits of PVC Decking
There are plenty of great reasons to use PVC decking for your deck or dock project.
- Durable. AZEK capped polymer decking stands up to the elements. It’s less likely to swell, crack, warp, or deteriorate in the southeast’s hot and humid weather.
- Long lasting.Thanks to the properties of PVC and AZEK’s proprietary manufacturing process, AZEK boards resist mold, mildew, and moisture damage which can plague wood boards. PVC decking is more resistant to mold and mildew than composite decking, which contains wood fibers.
- Attractive. AZEK decking is available in a variety of colors in three distinct collections. Match the look of your home to create a seamless transition from your indoor space to your outdoor paradise. While wood boards will fade, stain, get scratched, crack, and age due to sun exposure and use, AZEK decking boards have a tough shell that resist fading, staining, and scratches thanks to their polymer material. This helps your deck look great for longer. AZEK PVC decking allows you to have the look of wood, without the negative qualities of wood decking.
- Low maintenance.Unlike wood boards, AZEK decking does not need to be sealed or stained. In fact, the only regular maintenance that needs to be done is to gently clean it when necessary.
- Best heat dissipation.Whatever decking boards you use, your deck will get hot in the sun. However, capped PVC boards tend to dissipate that heat more quickly than either wood or capped composite decking boards.
- Easy to install.AZEK provides all the information you need to install your high-quality PVC decking on their website, making it easy for DIYers as well as for contractors to create an optimal deck.
- Limited lifetime warranty.Because they believe in their boards, AZEK capped PVC decking boards come with a limited lifetime residential warranty for material defects, termite, and rot damage and a 30-year limited fade and stain warranty.
- Cost-effective.PVC decking can be more expensive than wood or composite decking, however, because it is low-maintenance, long lasting, and durable, it is a cost-effective solution for homeowners who don’t want to spend a lot of time taking care of their deck.
PVC decking is ideal for projects near water, such as pool decks, docks, and boardwalks thanks to its mold and mildew resistance. Because it’s lightweight, PVC decking can be used for a roof deck or anywhere where transporting traditional decking may be difficult. If your dream deck includes curves to capture exceptional views from your home, don’t worry, PVC decking is ideal for heat bending.
If you’re not sure whether PVC decking is appropriate for your project, consult with an expert at Decks & Docks.
What is Capped Polymer Decking or PVC Decking?
While AZEK’s capped polymer decking is made to look like wood, it actually contains no wood at all.
Unlike composite decking, which includes wood fibers or wood pulp, AZEK’s capped polymer decking is made from 100% recycled PVC. Both the interior and the tough outer shell (the cap) of AZEK’s decking boards are made from PVC, giving it all the benefits of the durable, lightweight plastic.
AZEK is the premier manufacturer of capped polymer decking and offers a variety of colors in three different collections.
3 AZEK Collections With Gorgeous Colors
Customize the look of your deck by choosing a color palette that highlights your home.
The Vintage Collection aims to provide a rustic texture in six different colors: Coastline, English Walnut, Weathered Teak, Mahogany, Cypress, and Dark Hickory. All deck boards are 1″ thick and 5½″ wide. Different lengths are available based on your project need.
Dreaming of tropical hardwood but don’t want the hassle of wood? The Arbor Collection mimics 6 gorgeous varieties of lumber while providing the convenience and durability of PVC. Available colorways include Morado, Acacia, Brazilian Walnut, Hazelwood, Mountain Redwood, and Silver Oak. All deck boards are 1″ thick and 5½″ wide. Different lengths are available based on your project need.
AZEK’s Harvest Collection provides homeowners with traditional colorways that coordinate well with many home colors. Brownstone, Kona, Autumn Chestnut, Slate Gray, and Island Oak are available in various lengths depending on your project needs. All deck boards are 1″ thick and 5½″ wide.
Order Your AZEK Decking Boards from Decks & Docks
Decks & Docks is your one-stop-shop for all of your decking needs. From lumber to tools and hardware, we carry everything you need to get the job done right.
When it comes to decking, you have options. Whether you’re looking to craft a gorgeous backyard retreat from wood, composite, or PVC decking, Decks & Docks has top-of-the-line options to help bring your vision to life.
If you’re not sure what type of decking you should get, don’t worry. Our team is happy to help you determine which type of decking will work best for your project. Stop by one of our locations or contact us online to learn more.